April 28, 2010

Growth

Okay... I may be a little obsessed with my plants. But I figure I might as well take pictures while I can! They are definitely growing, but definitely need to grow some more. The Basil is especially pretty and the Zucchini has really shot up almost over night!!

These on this plate are: Basil (top, left); Chamomile (back and center); Parsley (top, right); and the one in the center and the three bottom ones are Spinach. I'm not too hopeful for the 3 Spinach pots on the right. They just haven't shown any sign of life. But the one on the left has a sprout coming up!!

Here's a better picture of the Basil!!

And this is Basil from the top!
Next we have Zucchini!! Brett and I are both really excited about these plants!!
Here's the beginning of our tomato plants... All four containers have at least two sprouts for a total of 8-10, and we're just hoping at least four of them will mature nicely to grow into beautiful tomato producing plants!!
We planted some Spinach seeds in pots and then we planted some in the ground. These are additional Spinach pots! We have about 9 Spinach pots total (but not all of them have sprouts).
And these are the little Spinach sprouts coming up in the garden plot in our back yard. We planted five rows and so far there's at least a little sprout in each row! Although this would be a lot of Spinach if all of them produced, I'm not positive all of them will mature nicely and so we planted many, just to make sure we get our Spinach this summer!! We love to eat it, but if all the Spinach plants that have sprouts right now continue to grow and then produce lots of Spinach... we'll have loads to share!!

I'm looking forward to the months to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment