April 30, 2011

Focus

:: Why do I so easily forget where my focus should be?

:: It really is a beautiful thing: we were created to love God and love people.

:: That should be my focus.

:: Some days it is really challenging to remember to praise God. Why? Because my heart is seeking the adoration for itself. I sinfully seek to find meaning in other people or things. I promote myself more than God. I often do not give God the praise, honor, and glory he deserves.

:: I want to engage in a relationship with him to the point where he is my supreme focus.

:: Some days it is really challenging to remember to focus on people. Instead my days get consumed with grocery shopping, homework, cleaning, cooking and at times leisure activities. Even when I'm around people or even talking face-to-face with people... I still am thinking about tasks or things.

:: I want to actively listen, truly see the person, and know their heart.

:: I want my focus to be: Love God, Love People

No comments:

Post a Comment